Location not available C:\Windows\System32\Config\SystemP rofile\Desktop is not accessible. Access Denied      In windows server2008.
Hi I am facing issue with my windows 2008 server SP2 While Log on . it gives me the error ant all access is disabled. Error is : Location not available C:\Windows\System32\Config\SystemProfile\Desktop is not accessible. Access Denied. I dont know how to fix this issue and little scared coz its a server system. so someone pls help me to come out of this. Your help would be appriciated. Thanks in Advance.
June 16th, 2011 10:42am

Hi Anil_9k, Thank you for your post. Please create & use new user account to workaround this issue, following steps below: 1. Disabled the UAC. 2. Created a new user account. 3. Moved the user files to the new user account. 4. Re-enabled the UAC. If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 17th, 2011 8:41am

Actually your registry has a bad key Login Error C:\Windows\System32\Config\Systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable ALSO HAD Acrobat Distiller Error Initializing Interpreter Fatal Error This happened after Acrobat 9.46 update, but evidently can happen on any bootup Login as different user, machine boots fine Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList Look for a profile ending in.bak Find the other one with the exact name and delete it Remove the .bak from the first key Reboot
September 22nd, 2011 2:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics